At the present time, honeycomb paper is used in various different ways. Moreover, the fact that it can be combined with many other materials makes it preferable to other supports, and not only because it is more economical. Its main use is in the manufacture of furniture, doors and windows and in the building industry.
Let us consider its uses in more detail:
- production of board panels with frame in the furniture sector;
- production of board panel doors;
- production of board panels for doors and interior fittings;
- production of large-size board panels for trade fair stands and advertising display;
- production of board panels of large size and thickness for partitions and non-load-bearing walls;
- in extended form it can be used in the packaging sector to separate or support fragile products such as glass, ceramics, etc.;
- production on an industrial scale of new-concept sandwich structures with or without frame;
- production of lightweight and solid table and kitchen tops of large size and thickness;
- automotive parts;
- packaging material.